 Space / *21807 (-20)
  Re: Pre CS MOC: The XLL324 "Vant"

Hey! Nice stuff Allister! This guy really looks like he's full of playability, as well as having great industrial lines. It reminds me a little of the design esthetic used for Alien...I think it's the slopes w/downward thruster arrangement. Cool. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some fun fad MOC's

(...) Allister is right, I have 21 different Classic Space sets and nary a one of them has a grey minifig... one can dream though. -- Bill (TooMuchDew) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: My first Photoshop Picture...

Looks good John! The blurring of just the engine wash looks great... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Station 45

Okay..a big 'ME TOO' for this one. Shazbot, that's just awesome. The mech carrier is so freakybuggycool. Great stuff. Cheers, -Gil (...) (snipage) (...) (snipage) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Defense Module

BLAM!! Great stuff as usual Jamie. I really like where the barrels of the main battery ended up...th spoked wheels work really well here. Another area I thought was great is the levering used to raise the platform...the smoothness of the lever and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) HA HA! this describes the feeling accurately! This is actually my fourth attempt (an unpublished thing, the "Anju", and Duvernay Mk1 & Mk2) and after each attempt I ask myself.. why do i do this to myself? It's so hard and it takes so long.. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) The design process for each of these robots was different- and I rarely use pencil/paper except for really large MOCs. The FlyBot came from fairly random tinkering with limited parts available. He actually started out looking like another (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

Hey, This is a great job. Good design, good job keeping the model clean, and neat interiors. Welcome to the world of buildin' big ships... you'll love it, then you'll hate it and build small... then get the desire to build it big again... then fail, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some fun fad MOC's

(...) But one thing: "...enough fleebnork muscle to overtake just about anyone on the circuit..." I'm guessing Public Works in the future will have better funding than now? Still.. these look cool! (...) space themes.. look tre tre cool. -Lenny (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Hey Allister, Thanks.. I tried. :o) (...) I'm not sure why it's brave (someone mentioned this before on the Mk1 design). personally I think those windows work great as portholes, like you'd find on a cruise ship or airplane.. seems to me (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Tavis, Thanks for the kind words and the ideas. Right now I'm seriously thinking about a Mk3 version, incorporating ideas that people have given me, especially these. I had some interesting ideas for the research area, but was quite sure how (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) You know, I had forgotten the name of the "Sulu" and was looking for it when I was looking for inspiration/ideas. thanks for the link.. and yeah, they do look alike. but not completely! -lentu (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Terry, Actually, I don't like that single window either.. but wasn't sure what else to do. It didn't look right without a window (not that any one can see out of it, the control computers being what they are), but I kinda ran out of red (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Hello Mr. Kruer, Actually I was afraid people would say I copied the Tantive IV.. but no one has yet. I was thinking of modules as a cool way to build a really large ship that could then be taken apart to get at the interior details. They (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Andrew, Thanks.. I just about used up all of my hinge bricks in making this. It is funny how I've got so many.. hardly ever use them, and then one project and I have a moment where I think: 'great now, I gotta go to bricklink and get more!' (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: "Duvernay" Mk2

(...) Wow! Kind words from the Master! Thanks Dan! Yeah, I took these right after I completed it, and it was dark out.. so not alot of light. But I am going to reshoot it, and get some poster board as you suggest. Although, I'll probably need two. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Commodore MOC

"Allister McLaren" <allistermclaren@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:HB5pn3.Dn3@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) Ok. first off, I didn't intentionally design this to be the space batmobile. Its a coincidence. but after inspecting the minifigs I was (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Commodore MOC

It's Batman in space! :) I really like this moc a lot, but the first thing that sprung to mind when I saw the pic was 'Batmobile'. Make of that what you will. This ship is a believable size for a two person vehicle. It must take a lot of equipment (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Commodore MOC

Kane Starcrafters is incredibly pleased to announce our newest luxury starcraft, the Commodore. (URL) styled, grille and fender technology allows for streamlined recessing of the main thrusters and antigrav units. (URL) with our most robust and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Chimalis Transit craft

(...) Yes, I was aiming for anything but conformity in my design. Adding the fins to the back was a last moment decision, but it made a lot of difference. (...) Actually, the craft is based off one of the earlier chapters in my sci-fi story, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact