 Space / 21788
Re: Chimalis Transit craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 04:04:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:

Hey, it looks cool.  I like the fins on the
back and the big dishes- it gives it a nice
unorthodox look.

Yes, I was aiming for anything but
conformity in my design. Adding the
fins to the back was a last moment
decision, but it made a lot of
difference.

I can just imagine the teens of tomorrow
begging their parents for one of these.

Actually, the craft is based off one of
the earlier chapters in my sci-fi story,
Anachronistic Skies. (I'm still writing
Zero Year, although lurking in .space has
given me a lot of concepts to ponder.)

As for secondary inspiration on the
ship itself, I got the idea to build it
after cheaking out your MOC, Jane's ship.

http://www.ozbricks.net/kruertech/jane1.jpg

I just have one small critisism to make:
there's another way to work with the
canopy piece that might look a lot better.
Gil Shaw first premiered it

<link snipped>

Interesting use, but the front canopy
seems kind of drooped. Not that I dislike
it, but if I were to do so, that might
require a whole reworking of the front
of the model.

But thanks for your advice! I'll probably
take that design element into mind when
I get to work on the para-military variant.

Looking good!

Thank you for your comments!
(got any new projects on the
drawing board?)