 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 265
Re: Patched firmware to improve rotation sensor, was Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:58:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Hello Dick,

Looks great, but it doesn't seem to work well here:
- counts up 2 by 2, but counts down correctly one by one
- loses count, especially when counting up.

I'm having trouble downloading the patched firmware.  Robolab doesn't have a
.lgo file anywhere in the program directory structure, so I don't have a
filename to replace with the patched file.  Downloading in Robolab seems to
work, but I see no indication it's using the patched file.

The retail RIS software has a file named firm0309.lgo, which I replaced with the
patched firm0328.lgo, but the download failed.  It didn't say why.

I see no utility in the SDK to do this.  What procedure do you suggest?