 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 266
Re: Patched firmware to improve rotation sensor, was Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:45:52 GMT

Hello Don,

I'm having trouble downloading the patched firmware.  Robolab doesn't have a
.lgo file anywhere in the program directory structure, so I don't have a
filename to replace with the patched file.  Downloading in Robolab seems to
work, but I see no indication it's using the patched file.

The retail RIS software has a file named firm0309.lgo, which I replaced with the
patched firm0328.lgo, but the download failed.  It didn't say why.

firm0309.lgo is firmware from RIS 1.5, while firm0328.lgo comes from RIS 2.0.
Maybe RIS 1.5 can't download 2.0 firmware, never tried that...

I see no utility in the SDK to do this.  What procedure do you suggest?
I suggest you download BricxCC from
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm and use its download utility
(located in Tools menu)

Philo