 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 81
  RE: Multitasker test script

Previously, I wrote (...) If anyone else out there is tempted to try the pbFORTH tasker, I will email the srec to you. I have not posted it on my website because it is very early beta software. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Multitasker test script

My DEFCON code multitasks OK (except when it tries to STOP). I doesn't actually work yet because it needs SendMessage (or non-blocking EMIT) but I'll post it here if anyone is interested (actually I'll post it unless anyone objects). (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Multitasker test script

(...) Post away! Two heads (too bad there only seem to be two of us :-( are usually better than one! Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Multitasker test script

Here it is, it is working, but is waiting for IR_MODE_HI, STOP and a non-blocking EMIT. There is a light sensor on the centre connector pad. .dp displays proximity in the LCD as DEFCON.RawLight alternating with the average ambient raw light sensor (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Multitasker test script

John, I tried to put this part of the code into my test script without the ping word and it worked fine. Yes, I uncommented the line that does not work for you. I'm going to have a closer look at ping...I wonder if it's running out of stack or doing (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Multitasker test script

John, I've been looking at your ping routine and note the following... Even if FF EMIT did not block, the wait makes things irrelevant. At 2400 baud, the FF is out the port within 4 msec. In fact, if EMIT did not block, you could probably wait jsut (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Multitasker test script

Perhaps I should not have stripped all the comments for speed :) \ The rationale for the delay above and the delay after the IR flash is \ that the message is 77 bits of 417 microseconds each, a total \ transmission time of 32 milliseconds, the (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Multitasker test script

(...) It was this line that trashed the task chain when the power button was pressed, I thought I'd checked it a few times but perhaps it was something else. (...) Yes. What I really want is an equivalent of SendMessage in NQC (which maps to opcode (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)