 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 981 (-20)
  Re: Strange problem with RcxCC ??

"Dave Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote> (...) Yes, RcxCC needs spirit.ocx and must be registered to your system. Locate or copy the spirit.ocx file to you hard disk and use the Run command in the windows Start menu to execute the following: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to read variables from RCX

(...) In general, you don't have control over where the variables get placed. If necessary you can take advantage of the fact that globals are allocated consecutively starting at location 0, so in the above example, A refers to location 0. However, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Strange problem with RcxCC ??

(...) I think RcxCC needs spirit.ocx in order to function. Spirit.ocx gets installed along with the regular mindstorms software, but there's probably a way to install it directly as well. Dave (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How to read variables from RCX

It is my understanding that the RCX has 32 "spaces" for variables, I am trying to set variable A or 10 to the value of 100 and then evaluate it in an IF statement. However I am not sure how to read that variable "space" correctly. Here is what I am (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Strange problem with RcxCC ??

I have used RcxCC on several Win95 and WIN98 and WIN Me machines. Great. But now I need to run it on 6 machines in a library for a class. I have installed the same latest version on 3 of these machines, and they all seem to install OK, but executing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.3 b1 in beta test

Just a few minor bug fixes and tweaks from 2.3 a1. At this point the 2.3 release is looking pretty stable. (URL) Baum (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: nqc download firmware linux

(...) The only thing I could think of that would cause a difference between firmware downloading and program downloading is if the serial driver for some reason introduces delays during long serial transmissions. The firmware download generally uses (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) I agree with you here ! no question. Rainer (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Jag redan såg den, jag läser lugnet.loc.se :-) (...) No, not if you do everything in sequence. I'd try this first, because it is simpler. (...) Then it is always multitasking, one task on each RCX. (...) You can make one task for each motor of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Ok, I have to admit that I was wrong. But I think most of the time it is the easiest solution to start all the tasks at the beginning and have them run in parallel. And if you want to perform some single action within a task use a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Thanks for the replies, and for the sample programs. I'll try them out soon. I'm building a robotic arm (that's why I chose to reply to this message, not the other, later ones) that I plan to program in NQC. It does not need multitasking to work, or (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Sorry Juergen, but that's not quite right. You can start and stop tasks as often as you wish to do. like this int do_s_s = 0; int condition = 0; task main() { while (1) { if (condition && !do_s_s) { start do_something_special; do_s_s = 1; } if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Hej Tobias! (...) No, rather you need a While or Until loop. Normal programming languages are different from the RCX code. In RCX code the watchers are running all the time, in NQC you need to program the repetition yourself. A program for simple (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) The firmware knows what (and when) it has just sent, so it can distinguish between incoming and outcoming messages. (...) That's not exactly true. Infrared light travels at the speed of light (300000 km/s), so you can safely ignore delays. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Tobias, 'multi-tasking' means that several tasks run simultaneously. For example, a robot arm could grab, lift and swivel, one after the other, as functions, or simultaneously, as tasks. Or, the RCX could play a tune and a walker could walk, one (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Did you define the sonsors correctly ? For example : #define BUTTON SENSOR_2 #define DETECT_LEFT SENSOR_1 #define DETECT_RIGHT SENSOR_3 #define MOTOR_LEFT OUT_A #define MOTOR_RIGHT OUT_C task main() { SetSensor(BUTTON, SENSOR_TOUCH); (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MST, 2nd

Hi, for those of you still interested: The new version of my MST-generator is now bug-free. See (URL) (ren to MST.nqc) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

I've downloaded NQC, and got it running. I have been able to make the motors run, to make them run backwards, then forward, etc. However... I can't get the sensor thing to work right. I want to make a program for a robot that backs up and turns when (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) Hi Rik, I am familiar with the idea of "Tag" but I don't understand what this means "to see each other". Normally, it would be enough that a bot sends a message as soon as it has hit the other. Another problem: why do you use random numbers in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

I have another problem with Visual NQC 2001. If I dump my firmware, the program will not recognize the brick. "Runtime Error '68' Unable to communicate with PBrick from method 22" Of course, I could not download the firmware. I hope we could get (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact