 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 496 (-20)
  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

Hi Ben F.! Maybe all your work is a little needless, since there are rumors going around here in Germany, saying Lego is going to invent new more realistic trains next year, or even late this year around X-mas...... I've heared about it from a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

Thanks Dan. Actually, I just came up with this myself but I added a float line as follows to stop it a little more gracefully. if (__speed == 0) {Float(OUT_A);} I'm pretty pleased with the results now. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid those train (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

(...) you never check if your speed is 0 in this task - IMO, you need to add: if (__speed == 0) {Off(OUT_A)}; (I'm guessing here, since I haven't really done any NCQ myself yet. :/ Dan (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX

When I first bought my RCX some time ago, I dreamed of using the remote control to drive the train. Well I think I finally have it working. The following code works but has a problem which perhaps somebody can help me with. The program looks for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains)

  MindStorms Bop It

Hello fellow LEGO maniacs. My latest MindStorms "robot" is rather unusual. It has only ONE wheel, NO motors, two touch sensors, one light sensors, and a bunch of rubberbands. What is that?! It's a MindStorms version of the popular Parker Brothers (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  updated nqc-doc rpms

I've updated the nqc-doc rpms at(URL) to include the PDF versions of the documentation. Also, this rpm now places its docs alongside that from the main nqc package, in /usr/doc/nqc-[version]. I've also GnuPG signed all the rpms I'm distributing. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  NQC/RcxCC

Thanks to everyone who suggested that I use NQC for programming, I now have a copy of RcxCC installed, and programming in it is easier than in the lego graphic interface (as long as you remember the ;'s) The coal unloader program is done (it took (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC version 3.1 availble

(...) Dean (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC version 3.1 availble

I just put version 3.1 of RcxCC on my web page. The only change is that it uses NQC version 2.1r1. Mark Overmars (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: asm in NQC.

(...) You don't really need asm to do this. Due to a side-effect of how the bytecodes are implemented, you can set the slope value simply by adding it to the 'mode' parameter... // use a slope of 10 for light sensor on port 1 SetSensorType(SENSOR_1, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  asm in NQC.

All, I have tried various ways to put asembly in my NQC programs. I have copied stuff from the header files but it does not work. I would like to use the slope parameter of the SetSensorMode opcode, but NCQ does not support this. That is why I need (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC troubles

Rob, You could set up a seperate task to watch the switch and turn off the moter. This task will run seperatly from the main task. John C. Quillan (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC troubles

Thanks for your help. I was also wondering if there is a way to have the motor turn off at any time in the program when the touch sensor is pushed, rather than having to re type the until statements a bunch of times. would I have to use a task for (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC troubles

(...) Hi. The problem is that the if statement doesn't wait -- it just checks once, and if it fails, goes right past. So, if you have the switch pushed down right at the beginning, it'll work. Try this: OnFwd(OUT_A); until (SENSOR_1 ==1); (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC troubles

Hi, I am pretty new to the lego robotics thing (but I have been a lego maniac since birth), and have had a lot of fun tinkering with the mindstorms set that I got for Christmas. I have recently downloaded Nqc and RCX command center. While working on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  J.Knudsen's 2nd NQC article online

havn't seen this mentioned yet, so here ya' go (hope nobody minds): (URL) MindStorms: Programming with NQC by Jonathan Knudsen 02/25/2000 In the second column in his series on Lego MindStorms robots, O'Reilly & Associates author Jonathan Knudsen (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Having trouble with -D option

It works fine in 2.1, as promised. Thanks Dave! -- Mark Haye, haye (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com IBM TSM Server Development, Tucson, AZ Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-1DBD80.21...net.com... (...) ... (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Can't download

(...) What operating system are you using? Another user mentioned a problem using NQC under IRIX, and the fix was to change the open() call in PSerial_unix::Open() (file platform/PSerial_unix.cpp): from if ((fTerm = open(name, O_RDWR)) < 0) { to if (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Can't download

Hello I've downloaded 2.1r1 src and rpm and 2.0.2 src. No matter which version I use, the results are the same: # nqc -d melody.ncq Downloading Program: Nothing else happens. I've tried specifying the port, but the result is the same. I've also (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC RCXLib bug & wish

(...) I didn't realize that kRCX_Message packets wouldn't survive toggling the duplicate reduction bit. I'll fix this in the source. Actually, I think rather than hard-coding the decision with kRCX_Message, I'll make it dependent on whether retries (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact