 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 46 (-20)
  Re: RcxCC Help!

William: Do you have the official Mindstorms software loaded that came with the RCX? Most of the 3rd party programs need the main program loaded inorder for their program to run properly. Hope this helps... Best Regards, Patrick McLean William Ng (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC Help!

OH! i forgot i need to install the mindstorm software before i use RcxCC!! now it works, sorry guys. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC Help!

i downloaded the RcxCC version 2.2 and extracted it with winzip. when i try to run the RcxCC.EXE, my system say "Exception EOleSysError in module RcxCC.EXE at 00053AF9. Class not registered" does anyone know what it is and what can i do?? thanks in (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

(...) "if (Random(100) == 0)" used to be a compiler error, but version 1.2 of NQC is smart enough to generate a temporary variable to hold the random number. A trickier problem is Sleep(). Sleep(Random(100)) parses just fine. Since Sleep() is just a (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

(...) I think Mark is waiting for me to release NQC 1.3 - which is where SetWatch() gets added. In the meantime, you can define it yourself within your source code... #define SetWatch(h, m) asm { 0x22, (h), (m) } Dave (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

Mark, In the section on "Display", you mention "Setwatch()" is available in V2.3. Any guess when this will be available? Thanks, -Phil (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

I have gone through most of the tutorial that posted by Mark Overmars which is extremely helpful. What a good job. Thanks Mark. There is one doubt and two question that I would like to get Mark or other people's attention. When I run the example (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

(...) Thanks Mark. I've been somewhat negligent on documentation myself. I've been very impressed with the dedication of the NQC user community. Originally, NQC was just a hack I threw together for my own use. At first I resisted releasing it (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

Excellent Job Mark. Thanks for all of your hard work. -Phil (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC tutorial available

(...) Mark, I use your NQCCC exclusively to program my RCX. Your code templates and help system (especially the last edition!) are superb. I like your setup because it integrates all the necessary stuff right there and the help files are pretty good (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  NQC tutorial available

In my opinion NQC is the easiest way to program the Lego Robots. But people that never programmed before seem to think it is difficult (maybe because it sounds like C). So I decided to write an extensive tutorial on how to use NQC. The tutorial does (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

Alex: Downloaded the netphm files from your site. Your right, it was alot easier. Now all I have to do is build my scanner. Thank you for your help Patrick McLean :) Alex Wetmore wrote in message <922292440.681002@phred.org>... (...) image. (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

I just put a Win32/i386 port of netpbm on my ftp site (ftp://ftp.phred.org...bm-e.zip). Very little documentation, but it should be easier then uploading and downloading files from a unix account. I'd recommend generating the PGM, then using (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

Alex: Thank you for your suggestion. I was able to find a Windows95 site which described a way to utilize the PGM program. The site basically provides the files needed to call up a UNIX window on my PC. From the UNIX window, I can then utilize the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

You might find netpbm to be helpful. It contains tools to convert the PBM (monochrome), PGM (grayscale) and PPM (color) formats into just about anything. P?M are file format for images which is easy to generate. In its simplest form PGM (what you'd (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

Hi: I would like to build a lego scanner using a single light sensor. I have found a number of sites which explain how to build them, however, I could use some assistance with how to convert the data collected into an actual image map. I understand (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetClock defined

Mark Overmars already forwarded your SetClock definition to me, so it will be added to 1.3, although I'm considering naming it SetWatch() for consistiency with the nqc -watch option and the spirit.ocx call. Dave (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  SetClock defined

I noticed that the byte code command to implement the SetClock(hrs,min) wasn't implemented in the nqc.h file. Here it is, rather simple really but I find it useful as a way for the RCX to communicate debugging info while running. Example, when a (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC known bug

Just wanted to inform everyone of a nastly little NQC bug in version 1.2: return statements in inline functions actually cause a top-level return from the enclosing subroutine / task. For example in the following code, sound 1 is never played: (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Battery voltage available within NQC?

(...) If you REALLY wanted to do this, you could use the bytecode to broadcast the battery information to the IR tower and have a service running on the PC which would recieve the battery message and then send an appropriate message back to the RCX. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact