 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 28
27  |  29
Subject:
NQC known bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:57:24 GMT

Just wanted to inform everyone of a nastly little NQC bug in version 1.2:

return statements in inline functions actually cause a top-level return
from the enclosing subroutine / task.  For example in the following code,
sound 1 is never played:

inline foo
{
  // this is ok since there isn't an explicit 'return'
}

inline bar
{
  // this return is a problem
  return;
}

task main
{
  foo();
  PlaySound(0);  // this gets played
  bar();
  PlaySound(1);  // this never happens, bar() causes task to end
}

----

The source base has already been fixed, but I'm not ready to do a release
yet.  If this bug is causing you a lot of trouble, let me know and I'll
accelerate the release schedule for 1.3 (or perhaps just get a beta
verison out early).

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com