 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 291 (-10)
  Re: Implementing Finite State Machines

(...) [snip] (...) FSMs are a boon in our behavioural robotics projects. If you have read the Rod Brooks papers, he uses them to implement subsumptive architectures in his "radical" robots. I have used them a LOT in my Stamp II robots as the only (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Implementing Finite State Machines

(...) Adding a switch statement to NQC would certainly help make implementation easier...I'll see if I can work it into the next release. Actually, I've been somewhat surprised by the general lack of needing FSMs in my own Mindstorms programming. I (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Implementing Finite State Machines

Vlad, The Finite State Machine is a good subject for people to consider in robotics, especially in coding the typical 'looping forever' Rcx applications. Lots of regular 'C' FSM's are implemented with a State variable and "switch" statements, or (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) thank you (and bob fay) for your two responses. i have a sneaking suspicion that bob was right on with the curious battery problem. i opened my tower battery case and "re-seated" the battery. (and i confirmed it *was* in the proper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) Try this: nqc -v -raw 10 and then also this (substituting the right filename) nqc -v -firmware <filename> and post the results. The "-v" option turns on some logging that may help us figure out what is wrong. (...) The firmware file is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the 9 Volt battery in the tower. You don't mention the green light in the tower. Is it changing brightness while you are downloading? It should be a steady light. I cannot find the name of the firmware (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Implementing Finite State Machines

Hi all! I have been struggling with a fairly large FSM implementation in NQC and came to realize that maybe most of the more advanced NQC applications might be actually FSMs (or could become)... Because I think it is a little awkward to handle a FSM (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.1 in beta test (Scout support, fast firmware)

NQC 2.1 b1 is available at (URL) two "big" features are fast firmware downloading (4x speed) and preliminary support for the Scout. Emphasis on "preliminary". It is enough to do some basic NQC stuff on the Scout, but most of the nifty Scout features (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

(...) As a kid I remember getting a few gifts from Santa with batteries already installed. Took me a couple of years to catch on that this only seemed to happen with the coolest gifts, and that my dad inexplicably always knew exactly how they worked (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact