 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 271 (-20)
  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave Baum skrev i meddelandet ... (...) I would suggest changing to the 'official', and keeping a 'translation table' in a text file. In that way you can use the LEGO documentation in the best way, we 'oldtimers' that have looked at the old keywords (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Dave Baum Book?

I notice Dave Baum has just published a book called "Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms," complete with CDROM. Has anyone read this book? The cover claims the book includes:   -- Numerous projects including 14 sample robots to build   (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I second this. I look at the listing a lot; esp. when optimizing. But actually would feel quite happy with the newer format. Of course it would be nice to just have a flag; and quite cheap./ creature feep. Dw (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave, I'm one of those who do look at the listings. I am somewhat torn between the old and the new mnemonics. I like yours better, but I think it would probably be better to go with our new "standard" from Lego. Of course Lego has only given us the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC listing mnemonics

I have started looking at adding Scout support to NQC, and in the process I am questioning whether or not to change the mnemonics used in the disassembly listings (the -l option for nqc). Currently, I use a set mnemonics that I made up when writing (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: I've tried

(...) Just to make sure you're using the right compiler version, do the following: nqc >output.txt then post (or e-mail me) the contents of output.txt Also, see if it compiles the test.nqc program included in the distribution. Dave Baum (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) The problems you are seeing are differences between version 1.x and 2.x of the NQC language (not Mac/PC differences). Here are a few differences between 1.x and 2.x. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it should at least allow you to (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  I've tried

O'kay, I just must be really out of it today, because I know you guys are right, I just can't seem to get it right. I went this site: (URL) I chose Win32 - Although the compiler runs as a console command, it will not run under DOS since it uses (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  thanks

Thanks for all the help I thought I had the newest version, but I guess not. I'll try the site and see what I come up with. thanks again. Jenny (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Hi Jenny, It sounds like you have two different versions of NQC. Make sure you get NQC 2 for both Mac and PC. Regards, Jonathan (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) Dave Baum is right (and he wrote the language, so he should know :-). The language IS the same across environments. Your problem is a version one: you apparently have the older 1.x version of the compiler on the PC: upgrade it to 2.x and all (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Yes I am just converting programs and no the language is not the same regardless of the enviornment. On a PC wait = until on a Mac, void does not compile, and several others. I recently received The Unofficial Guide to LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Robots By (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) I assume you want to move an NQC program (and not the compiler itself) from a Mac to a PC. If so, just copy the file. The NQC language is the same regardless of the environment it is used in (Mac, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS/2...) Also, the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) I use mac_nqc and normal nqc quite happily. DW (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Are there any reference pages that show how to convert nqc from a Mac to a PC version, vice versa? Or perhaps a program that will do it? I am also having some trouble with the Lego remote. It can send messages to a RCX, but I only am able to do this (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

(...) The op-code for sending a message is $F7 "set message". Unfortunately somehow it is left out of spirit.ocx, so you have to go down to the serial protocol in order to use it. See (URL) for the details. If you want to stick to spirit.ocx, you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

I haven't used CyberMaster myself, but I know someone was able to get it working with a Mac. CyberMaster expects DTR to be asserted and RTS to be cleared. I'm not sure if "asserted" means +9 or -9. I know data lines (TXD, RXD) are inverted, but I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

Hi all, I am having problems talking to my cybermaster from MPW on the mac. Heres my set up Mac B&W g3 with gport card providing the serial port. mac modem cable (mini 8 pin to DB-25) connected to serial port DB-25 from modem cable connected to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

Philippe jadin <philippe.jadin@skynet.be> wrote in message news:FLvD0J.106@lugnet.com... (...) written (...) can (...) features (...) That sounds exactly like what I have done here, although I have mounted the 'gantry' on a large base. At the moment (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MarsRobot Updated

I took some time this Saturday to update my website ((URL) with two new projects. I took the mini-synchro chassis (with modifications) from (URL) and added a 360 degree halo bumper. I also purchased a 8448 Street Sensation and with a little (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact