 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 218
Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 03:52:56 GMT

In article <FK9A2y.9Fx@lugnet.com>, "Mark Overmars" <markov@cs.uu.nl> wrote:

In particular,
I am not going to do anything that requires me to build an interpreter of
nqc code :-(

I was considering writing an RCX bytecode simulator.  If I get some free
time I'll throw something together.  Considering the last simulator I
wrote was for an ARM 7111 with about a dozen on-chip peripherals, modeling
the RCX bytecode interepreter should be a piece of cake.

If I do this, I'll probably just write a portable "engine"
(mac/win/linux), and leave it to others to wrap a nice GUI around it (hint
hint).

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com