 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1751 (-20)
  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) No no, don't be. It's my own stupidity/ignorance in progrmaming terms. I'm slowly learning. (...) Good stuff, John. Thank you for your work on this, it's unbeliveable. I got it to do what I need. Now, the only problem is it doesn't seem to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sending Commands to Spybot from RCX - Question from a Beginner to Comm area.

Hi Everybody, I have used SendSpybotMsg and SendSpybotCtrlMessage (of course in connection with resopective set messages) without any problems using BCC 3.3.7.5 and 3.3.7.9. These two commands gives RCX a nice control over spybot. Specially (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) Application Programming Interface (URL) Oh my god. I'm completly lost :( Sorry. (...) I'm not sure what you are confused about. The API defines a series of values and functions which you can use in your NQC programs. The three lines above show (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) Um. I have no idea what an API is :-/ (...) Oh my god. I'm completly lost :( (...) Whaaa?? (...) When I copy/paste that into BricxCC, I get an when I hit the Compile/download button: Undefined function: "SetUserDisplay"...?? I think I'm going (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) Having downloaded a copy of swan_test.zip which contains the latest test release of BricxCC and NQC you can use nearly all the new and enhanced features in the Swan firmware. You can view the "official" API built into NQC by executing the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

Okay, okay, bad form responding to my own post. I got the new firmware on my RCX, downloaded the latest version of BricxCC, and NQC. But I can't figure out how to use this SetUserDisplay command? I want to show a variable on the display. I have no (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) I feel so awful asking this, becuase I'm sure it must have been covered somewhere before - I'm not very good at understanding quite how everything works (API's and includes and so forth - no idea what that stuff is!). But here's my question: (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sending Commands to Spybot from RCX - Question from a Beginner to Comm area.

(...) First of all, my apologies for not answering you via email. I've been a bit busy at work. I needed to run some tests myself before I could properly respond as well. The 0x9223 from the RCX happens to match the IR sent out by the Spybot (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC test release

Folks, I've been fiddling around with how BricxCC and NQC talk to the RCX when using the USB tower. It's because of several users experiencing problems when trying to download programs from within BricxCC (using NQC behind the scenes). Depending on (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New NQC API for RCX-Spybot or RCX-RC communication

(...) I forgot to include a few #defines: #define SERIAL_PACKET_RC 0 // default #define SERIAL_PACKET_SPYBOT 0 #define SERIAL_COMM_RC 7 // 4800/76KHZ/25% #define SERIAL_COMM_SPYBOT 7 // was SERIAL_COMM_4800 + SERIAL_COMM_76KHZ The RC function, by (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  New NQC API for RCX-Spybot or RCX-RC communication

Recently I happened across the MindScript headers for the RCX in the SDK and saw some interesting macros for RCX communication. I decided to port them to NQC and possibly add them to the official built-in NQC API. I would be extremely grateful if (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC API for the new Swan firmware

(...) I would in this case prefer the second - I actually use a "kMyNamedConstant" convention in my code, and find it very nice to have the API constants very easily seperable from my constants. (...) Again, personally I would prefer that, as it (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC API for the new Swan firmware

I am working feverishly on updates to NQC which will include extensions to the built-in API in support of Dick Swan's new firmware. My intent is to be consistent with the existing NQC API. However, there are some issues I am debating and I would (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 1.0 compatibility mode

(...) I know I got stung with it when I first installed the IDE, not having it woulda saved me a couple of posts to Lugnet :) ROSCO (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 1.0 compatibility mode

(...) I think if they need NQC V1, they won't have this new IDE. If they have the new IDE, they won't have NQC V1.x (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 1.0 compatibility mode

Would anyone miss terribly the NQC 1.x compatibility mode if I were to remove it? At this point it seems like it is a very useless feature, but maybe someone out there is still using the 1.x API. What do you think? John Hansen (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) The Swan firmware is Dick Swan's replacement firmware which is compatible with the standard LEGO firmware (firm0328.lgo). The Swan firmware is available at the link mentioned in this post: (URL) use swan.nqh (available in the zip file (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Swan Firmware

(...) what is the swan firmware? what have I missed? Thomas (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: questions on events

(...) This is where you use the event fork(s) that you asked about in a different message. You nest these forks to determine which event has been triggered. (...) Robolab is just a LabVIEW program. Viewed in that context, it is an amazing bit of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: questions on events

(...) Yeah, my fault. I said two things that do not have to follow. Yes, you can use one event monitor to watch more than one event... and yes, you can't nest event monitoring statements. I've not used an event watcher to monitor more than one event (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact