 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1740
Re: NQC API for the new Swan firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:40:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen wrote:

So what Dick has written as

kSystemOpcodesPerTimeslice

I might instead use

SYS_OPCODES_PER_TIMESLICE

   I would in this case prefer the second - I actually use a "kMyNamedConstant"
convention in my code, and find it very nice to have the API constants very
easily seperable from my constants.

So my issue is whether or not to continue the general
pattern in NQC of defining a set/get pair for each source.

   Again, personally I would prefer that, as it makes the most "sense" to the
way I think while coding (not that my coding always makes sense...)

Would you rather write code like this?

PingInterval = 0;
MotorTransitionDelay = 50;

Or would you rather write code like this?

SetPingInterval(0);
SetMotorTransitionDelay(50);

   The second.

--