 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1717
RE: Motor Speed Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:26:39 GMT

Like driving a car with the brakes on.  Start with the brake totally pressed, and
the more you push on the gas, the less you push on the brake, until finally, at full
speed, you're not pushing on the brake.

But, that will use more gas than the gas/float method we normally use.

Does that make sense?

Actually, it's more like standing on the brakes, letting go and then
gunning the gas, stepping off the gas and standing on the brakes :-)

And yes, that WILL use more gas, and more batteries. Now, if the
resolutiion of timing for the brake command was small enough to
slow the motor significantly without actually stopping it, then
we'd have something!

Cheers, Ralph