 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1715
RE: Motor Speed Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:25:25 GMT

I also think this type of control will be harder on batteries.

The brake function (as far as I know) should not use more
battery power as the short circuit is in the driver chip itself.

The drivers are MOSFETs, so setting the H bridge to brake does
not actually apply any battery power to the motor itself...

Does that make sense?

Cheers, Ralph