 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1716 (-10)
  RE: Motor Speed Control

(...) Yes, but I think the "power" portion of the cycle will draw more, because it's always trying to go from stop to full speed. Like driving a car with the brakes on. Start with the brake totally pressed, and the more you push on the gas, the less (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Motor Speed Control

(...) The brake function (as far as I know) should not use more battery power as the short circuit is in the driver chip itself. The drivers are MOSFETs, so setting the H bridge to brake does not actually apply any battery power to the motor (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Motor Speed Control

(...) If you are not concerned with remaining pure, this interface (URL) should provide better feedback than the rotation sensor. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Motor Speed Control

(...) I've been using a power/brake method (instead of power/float) for quite some time in BrickOS. That was one of the first big steps in getting my Legway to work. ( (URL) ) It allows you to program a robot to make smooth turns (slow, instead of (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Motor Speed Control

(...) I'm doing somthing similair at the moment. My robot runs along a track and needs to be controlled so it doesn't go too fast. I've successfully written some code which limits the top speed, you may be able to modify it or just incorparate ideas (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Motor Speed Control

Hello Iain, (...) You should definitely try Dick Swan's 10x firmware ((URL) Among other goodies (interpretation speed for example ;o), it features more power levels (128 instead of 8), and a flag to modify behavior of PWM motor control. Standard (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Motor Speed Control

Hi, I'm trying to do a basic test setup to code a compact speed control module for the 9V gearmotor. I've mounted an encoder (rotation sensor) directly to the gearmotor shaft. In my code, I'd like to set a variable (speedDesired) and have the motor (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Light seeker

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience programming (NQC) a stationary |light seeking head? I have one made using a rotation sensor for reference, and 2 light sensors but can't seem to get the programming down. |Thanks |John Jordan (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Replacement Firmware

(...) BricxCC and NQC with support for Dick Swan's enhanced firmware. If you know where it is go get it. If you don't, you can email me and I'll send you the link. This version has preliminary support for 256 global variables. BricxCC has some cool (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Forward or backward?

(...) Warning: I've never actually used it but... x = OutputStatus(n), where n = 0, 1, or 2 (not OUT_A, OUT_B, etc.... at least accoding to the NQC manual) and x is the result. The result contains a boatload of information (see (URL) but essentially (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact