 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1711 (-10)
  Re: Motor Speed Control

Hello Iain, (...) You should definitely try Dick Swan's 10x firmware ((URL) Among other goodies (interpretation speed for example ;o), it features more power levels (128 instead of 8), and a flag to modify behavior of PWM motor control. Standard (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Motor Speed Control

Hi, I'm trying to do a basic test setup to code a compact speed control module for the 9V gearmotor. I've mounted an encoder (rotation sensor) directly to the gearmotor shaft. In my code, I'd like to set a variable (speedDesired) and have the motor (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Light seeker

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience programming (NQC) a stationary |light seeking head? I have one made using a rotation sensor for reference, and 2 light sensors but can't seem to get the programming down. |Thanks |John Jordan (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Replacement Firmware

(...) BricxCC and NQC with support for Dick Swan's enhanced firmware. If you know where it is go get it. If you don't, you can email me and I'll send you the link. This version has preliminary support for 256 global variables. BricxCC has some cool (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Forward or backward?

(...) Warning: I've never actually used it but... x = OutputStatus(n), where n = 0, 1, or 2 (not OUT_A, OUT_B, etc.... at least accoding to the NQC manual) and x is the result. The result contains a boatload of information (see (URL) but essentially (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Forward or backward?

I've just got back into Mindstorms and I'm updating an old program. I'm writing a task that needs to know in which direction one of the motors is set. Now I could have sworn their was an easy way to do this, but my memory has gone blank and the help (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

(...) [snip, adjust timeouts] (...) I'm getting the same error with my Scout and Bricxcc/NQC for downloading programs, the direct control works fine. I found that having fresh batteries helped in getting programs to download successfully. I'll try (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC contolling motors

(...) Not exactly. What NQC allows you to do is set one of 8 patterns of pulse width modulation (PWM) for an output. So for instance the highest power level is "always on" (9V for 100% of a cycle), while a lower power setting is a mixture of "on" & (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC contolling motors

Hi all, I have some questions about controling RCX motors using NQC. I am using Lego 43362 motors. As I understand it has maximum RPM 219 at 9V In NQC I see that I can st the speed of the motors at 8 different stages. I can not find though how the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: bad motor output because of lego firmware?!

(...) That's right. I simply didn't expect any problems with NQC + Lepomux because I assumed that any RCX-OS has the ability to directly control the motor output. If I had used NQC a little bit more, I surely would've noticed that strange output (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact