 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1626 (-20)
  Controlling events

Hi everybody. I'm trying to get into NQC and i've got some doubts. For example, can i control events with my rcx 1.0? Thanks a lot. Sole (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: C$ - Code Only

(...) Nope. I knew there was a certain amount configurability in brickOS, but I assumed it would be hard to get it down to a minumum. (...) With librcx, I started out with the minimum and added only what I needed. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC beta 2

I have uploaded a beta copy of NQC 3.0 a2 to my new NQC website at (URL) try this version out and let me know if you experience any problems with subroutines with the Spybotics target (which did not return correctly in all previous NQC versions). (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC home page is moving!

At the end of last year I finally signed up for high speed internet access from Comcast. Included in the agreement (with my wife) is that I would get rid of my long association with AOL. I've had the JohnBinder AOL email address for many, many years (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC & Spybot subroutine code generation bug

I have just received a report from a user that NQC programs containing subroutines do not execute correctly against the Spybot platform. I have confirmed that this is a problem with all versions of NQC which support the Spybot brick. This program: (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: C$ - Code Only

(...) I am admittedly biased toward BrickOS; however, I am wondering if you attempted to free some memory in BrickOS by disabling features that you didn't need? If you are only going to run one program (whether single threaded or multi), you can (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: C$ - Code Only

(...) NQC compiles not quite C code into LEGO firmware opcodes. You download the .rcx result, and LEGO firmware interprets the program. This makes it slow. QuiteC and brickOS both use H8 native C compilers that spit out H8 assembly code directly. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: C$ - Code Only

(...) Forgive a clueless question here, but is QuiteC different than NotQuiteC? If so where can I learn more about it? Thanks! The oldest mention of the term "QuiteC" I could find on LUGNET was only 3 weeks ago but MAYBE I'm searching wrong? see (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Receiving messages on PC

Thanks! As soon as I get a chance, I'll try this out and let you know how it works. -Dave (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Receiving messages on PC

(...) I have just posted MSGMON, a very rough (!!!) WIN32 command-line program that will receive one-byte messages from the RCX using a USB tower. This should get you started, although it will need a lot of work to make this into anything resembling (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Receiving messages on PC

Hi, I'm sure this issue has come up before, but I can't find an answer to my exact question in the archives: Are there any utilities that can be used (preferably a Windows command line utility) to receive the messages sent by SendMessage()? Or any (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC 4.0b1 Announcement

Hi All, I've uploaded MacNQC 4.0b1. New features are: * RCX Simulator. * Added a Memory Map Panel. * Updated NQC to 3.0a1. If you would like to test it, it can be found at (URL) comments, or feature requests for the next version can be sent to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Upon further review, it would appear that (at least on my machine and one other that I have heard about) the new release of BricxCC (3.3.7.7) does, in fact, correctly download the brickOS firmware. My previous tests were using an old copy of (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Very! I don't expect to use the game data often, but it would be nice to have the option of having it available or not. thanks for the great work! (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Unfortunately, BricxCC is still not downloading the brickOS firmware correctly. I will look into this problem and try to fix it. In the mean time, you can use firmdl3 which works correctly. John Hansen (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

I've released version 3.3.7.7 of BricxCC today. It adds a Spybot EEPROM tool window. It adds a new configurable watch tool window. It adds a new generic set source value tool window. It adds a hot key (F2) for the pbForth console. The position of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

Hi John, Thanks to your pre-built BrickOS tools, I have finally installed it on my Windows 2000 machine (I tried several times in the past... no luck !). The installation was really fast and easy, the only problem I got was that the default BrickOS (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:HrB87H.17p1@lugnet.com... (...) future one) for NQC (...) I think your question probably meant "can I use FastTimer in defining events because I want better resolution than is possible with (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) I will make this change. Thanks for the report! John Hansen (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) According to the LEGO documentation, only the normal (source 1) Timers can be used as an event source. The ‘sensors’ for which events can be generated are: · Physical sensors (Source 9, Range 0-2, Logical number 0-2) · System timers (Source 1, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact