 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 845
  OS Recommendations

I got my Mindstorms this summer, and I've been subscribed to the list since around the same time. Since then I've been playing around extensively with NQC. I haven't attempted to make the jump to legOS so far for two reasons. First, I have a Mac. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) Actually, NCQ on the mac just works fine. LegOS works fine under FreeBSD which works and install's fine under the VirtualPC (Just from a walnut creek cdrom). Linux works fine under the VirtualPC as well, but none of the install disk's I tried (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) well, actually legOS wasn't ported, because legOS is an OS for the RCX. What was ported to windows, but AFAIK mostly not by the legOS developers, was the compiler used to build legOS, speak: gcc for the Hitachi 8300 processor. Additionally (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

Martin Cornelius schrieb: (...) You'd need make, too. The configure scripts for those gcc, binutils and make will probably also require a shell of some variety. If there is a binary distribution of native gcc, make and bash for the Mac, building the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS Recommendations

(...) ld in the binutils) does not build correctly in LinuxPPC. ld gets all sorts of errors about 'relocation truncated to fit.' I've had the same results with egcs and gcc-2.95, which is making me suspect binutils & ld. Another list member had the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)