 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 640
RE: RCX "locking up" when trying to use dll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:15:58 GMT

Ben wrote:

What prompted you to look at memcpy? I'm curious because I like detective
stories related to embedded systems...

I built the H8/300 binutils-2.9.1 and gcc-2.95.2 and compiled the legOS kernel
and it was locking up when downloading programs.  People here said get
egcs-1.1.2 -- it works!  So I built egcs-1.1.2 and cd'd to legOS/boot, make
clean/make and the result still crashed.  If it wasn't the kernel it had to be
the libraries, so I cd'd to legOS/lib, rebuilt that, then relinked the kernel
and that worked.  The only interesting library is "libc" (the others are math
stubs).  I built it with both compilers, disassembled all of the objects and
started looking at diffs.  memcpy was actually first alphabetically so I found
it when I compared the first two .s files.

Great story! When doing tedious diff compares, I usually find it in the last
pair of files :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,