 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3652
  brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Yesterday, I replaced the two installers I have up on my bricxcc.sourceforge.net site with slightly modified versions. The new installers contain a new cross compiler which I built from 2.95.2 myself (rather than the one Hitachi provided some time (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Its true, Before John "fixed" the older OS issues, I was at my whit's end and was prepared to do damage to myself with a fork -- after unsuccessfully trying to install BrickOS.... but now, thanks to John and Bricxcc my cutlery is safely (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Thanks again for testing this for me! (...) The Send Messages tool window can send any IR message from 0 to 255 to a brick. John Hansen (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I want to say thanks, too, but I have a problem: I cant't compile and download programmes to the RCX. I always get the message: Compile Failed Errors found during compilation But I can download the firmware. Does anyone has a solution? Thx Franz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Post your source code and we'll tell you. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

It was just a testprogram: int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { return 0; } But it's the same with all other progs, too. Thx Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

I have found the solution myself (and with the help of the Mindstorms Forum): Edit -> Preferences -> Compiler C/C++/Pascal Here you have to set the right paths. The OS root was wrong. (At me) It has to be /brickos and not /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) I am glad you were able to get this sorted out. I should add a note to the readme.txt which makes this additional configuration step for folks who already have earlier releases of BricxCC installed clear. John Hansen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I've again found a way to solve this problem: Sometimes you have to replace the OS root "\brickos" with "c:\cygwin\brickos". Sometimes it works just with "\brickos". I don't know why. Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Can you explain a little more what you mean by "sometimes"? Are you saying that with the OS root set to \brickos compiling works for some programs but not for others or are you saying that with BricxCC installed on one computer it works with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, Yesterday I changed it into "\brickos", but as wanted to download a Programm again today, it didn't work (also only with Cygwin not). So I tried everything, I have also deinstalled BricxCC, Cygwin and BrickOS (perhaps some registry files (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) It sounds like you are having cygwin issues. Do you have a copy of bash.exe in a directory on your path somewhere other than in c:\cygwin\bin? Does your path include c:\cygwin\bin? If it doesn't then you need to add it to your path. You should (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hello, I’m trying to get brickOS and bricxcc working on an old laptop that’s running win 98. I installed using the easy bricxcc tools When I try to compile I get this error: Unable to create process: Bash “ C:\cygwin\brickos\de...oworld.cmd Make (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) I believe if you add set PATH=c:\cygwin\bin;%PATH% to your autoexec.bat file then you will be good to go. John Hansen (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)