 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 352
  Re: LNP Repost (Me banging on about checksums)

(...) With much respect, I would suggest that CRC8 is probably not sufficient, especially if we go for a broadcast (Ethernet) solution, where lots of collisions, and hence errors, will probably occur - with CRC8 you will probably miss about 1 in 256 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Repost (Me banging on about checksums)

(...) You will miss about 1 in 256 errors that you do not catch earlier using collision detection. I think your error rate per message will be much less than 1 in 256 if you (can?) get the collision detection code right. But we shouldn't argue the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP - lets get coding.

(...) Hi, Didn't mean to come across as arguing - sorry if I did! As you say, lets get coding LNP (My assumption is that the coding bit hasn't started yet, if it has, please accept my apologies & let me know how it is going!). I guess the things (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) No, you didn't - I just didn't wanted to make sure I wasn't :) (...) This has already been done, for Librcx at least; don't know if anybody took a look at the code I put at: (URL) mentioned wanting to maybe take a look at that; porting to (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) I have just grabbed a copy - will have a look! Where do you suggest we go from here? I'm up for creating an initial API and getting some code cut (Within my limits - I know little/nothing about Linux & MacOS, and as yes LegOS). However, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) Regarding where to go from here, if you step up to do the coding, I believe where to go is up to you. I don't know if that is how it usually works, but I certainly wouldn't want to be coding up something I am not happy with, so I would expect (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)