 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2306
Re: RFC: Creation of Version 0.2.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:22:00 GMT

There are actually several other trademarks owned by The LEGO Group and some
guidelines to using the LEGO trademark.  They can be found in their Press
Kit on their web site

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/presskit.asp

I retract my earlier statement that we should ask for usage of the name legOS
to remain.  In all that I have read The LEGO Group has been very generous
already with trademark infringment issues here. I see it being in the best
interest of all to seperate "what was formally known as legOS" (if I may
make such a statement) from The LEGO Group.

I would even go further but on a more technical issue. Can legOS be ported
to other "platforms"?  In other words is what Markus Noga created and others
have contributed really be an operating system (OS) for 8/16 bit processors?
How specific is it towards the Hitachi Microproccessor? In this sense the OS
can be a generic OS for various platforms including the LEGO Mindstorm.

I am not sure is this is going too far but I also don't want to see conflict
between programmers and The LEGO Group

Ed

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Juergen Stuber writes:
"Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> writes:

How about rOS or rcxOS?

Just remember that Mindstorms and RCX are also trademarks.

Jürgen