 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1350
Re: LNP Addressing Scheme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:54:19 GMT

I understand that by changing the line: #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x00
in the /boot/config.h file to #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10, I can
recompile the legos.srec file and download it to an RCX, hence giving it • the
LNP host address of 1 (I havn't changed the CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK
value from 0xf0).

True.

The problem lies in when I now use dll to try and download a program. I
get the generic error message "Error deleting program". I know this is due
to my changing the host address, but when I specify the "-r1" option to • reflect
the new address, it still doesn't work. If I use the verbose switch ("-v") • as well,
the output indicates that the host address "80" is being used, despite the
"-r1" option.

Two problems here:

1) There is a bug in dll that displays a fixed value. Ignore it, now is
fixed on CVS.
2) You must specify host address in "raw" hex form (0x10)

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I've patched dll to display the true rcxaddress (raw). I can patch it to
shift rcx address too (0x01 --> 0x10), but it depends on LNP_HOSTMASK value.
It's an almost fixed value indeed, but who knows...

Anyone here, do you prefer raw or shifted value? :-)

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of
your heart.