 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1337
Re: dont't fear the reaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:42:54 GMT

Michael and co.:
If you want to do this type of testing, but don't want to mess with CVS,
sourceforge automatically creates daily tarballs of the CVS tree, so that you
can get a nearly completely up-to-date version of legOS from CVS without having
to mess with CVS. Unfortunately, I don't know the URL off-hand, and I'm on  a
(literally) 1K modem connection right now, so I can't take the time to fish
through Sourceforge and find it. However, if you poke around the sourceforge
site you should find directions for obtaining them so that you can test these
types of patches against the very latest legOS and not just 0.2.4.
Luis

Quoting "Michael.Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de>:

This change is correct, although it will not work by itself. Using
only this all memory will be freed when the RCX is powered off, • including
program memory. To work correctly another change to tm.c is necessary,
so memory allocated by kernel processes is not freed.

Actually, I'm using 0.2.4, last downloadable version. With this, the
memory
eating problem is solved with my stated patch. Might be, that the new
version
has the tm.c changes? (I just press "run" to stop my program, then "run"
start it again, and it counts to 16 any time)

But I have found annother problem: If I put the RCX aside and try to
start the
program the next day, it doesn't count to 1. It seems, that it can't
allocate
1k of memory. Seems there is a memory leak or something. Today I have
reloaded
the test program on a freshly installed legOS, didn't start it and wait
to see
what's going on tomorrow...

Bye, Mike