 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1145
Re: Help with make in Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 05:02:55 GMT

Luis,

Thanks for the info.  I do have Win 95 and tried installing there ... same
errors.
Then, I tried the Windows install using cygwin.  I've gotten to the end part
where you type "make --unix"
While it did compile, there were errors along the way.  The two biggies I
pick out are:

1)  "//f/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/h8300-hms/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No
such file or directory"

Doing a search, I've located crt0.o in
F:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\lib.  There is no
directory called ..\bin\ld.  There's an ld.exe but no \ld subdirectory.

2)  "makedepend: warning:  /legOS/kernel/conio.c (reading
/legOS/include/conio.h, line 41): cannot find include file "config.h"
        not in /legOS/include/config.h
        not in /legOS/include/lnp/config.h
        not in -f-/config.h"

config.h is in /legOS/boot/ and /legOS/util/dll-src/

I'm not familiar with all that's going on in the background or exactly what
file has what setting.  So, I'd rather not try and just copy a file here or
there.  Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Oh, a different error.  I was (was being the operative word) able to upload
the legos.srec firmware and demo .lx files to the RCX (using "nqc -firmware
legos.srec".  Now, I get told there's an error deleting the program.
Pulling batteries and reloading the firmware does no good.  Ideas?

Thanks again,

-- Gary Mayer