 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 114
Re: gcc build instructions for linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:42:43 GMT

Dwayne Jacques Fontenot wrote:

OK, I have some more information now. When I build 0.1.6 in my new environment
it works fine. 0.1.7 and the snap exhibit the problem.

I observed the same phenomenon, only I was using gcc-2.8.1.
I never did find out what was wrong, but I assumed it might have something to do
with the new libgcc stuff which appeared in 0.1.7.

I eventually got working by installing egcs-1.1.1.  I am now using egcs-1.1.2, but
it presents some problems of its own, hence the recent change in cputw.  If I
wanted to live in the past, though, I'd be using the software that came with my
RCX.