 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 106
Re: gcc build instructions for linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:44:51 GMT

Luis Villa wrote:

I got the same message, and your reasoning about the content of the
message sounds AOK by me. But then I did a make install, and that crudded
out on me, with the message

In file included from ../../../egcs-1.1.2/gcc/f/com.c:198:
../../../egcs-1.1.2/gcc/f/com.h:144: #error Cannot find a suitable type
for FFECOM_f2cLONGINT

I did not have this problem.  Sounds like Fortran.  Did you 'make LANGUAGES="c
c++"' or just 'make'?  The latter makes the Fortran stuff, too.  Remember that if
you specify LANGUAGES when building, you should specify the same value when
installing.

I even tried building using newlib-1.8 to no avail.

Has anyone else tried this? At least in theory, the improved efficiency
would be worthwile, but I'm curious about compatibility.

I have not.