 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *579 (-20)
  Re: Call for debugging support

(...) hello Markus, i´m still working on a (hopefully) portable, robust version of linux LNP, that allows multiple client tasks or threads on the PC to communicate with one ore more RCX´s simultanously via one tower, ( one of them could be gdb, in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Call for debugging support

(...) I'm not sure what the issues are, Markus. But I could have a look at it in the new year. The lack of debugger support in legOS was one of the main reasons behind my development of pbForth. That and the fact that you can (one day) host pbForth (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Call for debugging support

Hello everyone, a while ago several people discussed decent debugging facilities for legOS, possibly in the form of remote gdb support. Did work in this avenue progress to something faintly usable already? If not, what are the key problems? Ciao, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

Strange. I got my cygwin through the cygnus site, but as far as i can tell it's the same as the one on arthurdent. Mine comes from one of the mirrors on ftp://go.cygnus.com/...n/latest/. The file is called full.exe. (...) Make --version gives me: (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

It is quite possible that there is a versioning problem here. The cygwin on arthurdent is reasonably new (August?), but not exactly cutting edge. Peter provided me with links to everything except that, so I provided my own. If he'll provide me with (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) I tried this on a NT 4 machine with little success. First of I got the message: chili : /legOS make for i in util lib boot demo ; do make -C $i || exit -1 ; done i was unexpected at this time. make: *** [all] Error 1 After replacing the make (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A Hosting Offer (was Re: Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows)

Thanks are due to Peter for the perserverance to get this thing working. On a related note, there has been quite a bit of legOS related development lately, and since I have (for the near future- a year and a half at least) unlimited bandwidth and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

Instructions to get a working LegOS 0.2.2 on Windows are at: (URL) Much thanks is due to Luis Villa for editing and hosting. Peter (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling 0.2.2 (legos.srec)

(...) I've encountered the same problem. But it can be resolved, by adding a trailing / to the LEGOS_ROOT variable in Makefile.common Regards Carsten (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS applications

(...) Great! Is there any documentation on that, more precisely how it is to be used? Has it been tested? I don't have access to my PC until the end of the year, so I can't check if there is anything in the distribution... :-( /Vlad (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS applications

(...) Yes, that's exactly how it works. Markus. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS applications

Hi! I might have misunderstood things, so please forgive if this is a question that should not have been asked... The "dynamic loading of programs and modules" feature in legOS 0.2.x - does it mean one can download the kernel once, and then the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP congestion avoidance improved

Great! While it is too late for the class I'm helping out with, and it currently looks like it won't be offered again, I'm still looking forward to playing with this in the spring. Thanks so much for the time invested, Martin- Luis (...) ###...### (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP congestion avoidance improved

Hi there, on my way to a reliable LNP layer (and gdb, hopefully), i did some tests about how well LNP congestion avoidance works: I compiled 2 functionally identical programs, one on my linux-box, one on my RCX. Both of them setup an adressing (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 doesn't work

firmdl3 doesn't work for me. Normally the rcx shows numbers up to 24 or 48, then counts back up very quickly, then after a while the program quits.There was only once where it might've worked. I also tried slow, but that stops right after mode=slow. (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost)

That's exactly what i did: egcs 1.1.2 with Mumit Khan's patches for windows and Markus' patch for enhanced RCX interrupt support. I'll get instructions on getting LegOS 0.2.2 to work on Win95, along with a binary of the compiler and the diffs for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost)

No! No! I mean, yes, do try it again (someone), just not with 2.9.5- there have been reported problems with 2.9.5's treatment of assembler. Rebuild it with 1.1.2 + patch- that is known to work. Then let me know- I'll host it for you. -Luis (...) (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95

Well, in the meantime, i built one on WinNT. The build always failed on Win95. Tried Canadian cross on Linux and i too gave up in frustration. But now that i have one built, i'll put it up on a webpage tomorrow. First, i'm gonna check the files it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  chaning the host address in LNP

OK. The initial stuff I have done with the Java interface to LNP just addresses different "ports" to the host address 0. Each of the RCX's on the Lego Network Protocol network had host addredss 0 and port 1,2,3,4 depending on which brick they were (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost)

Peter Van der Beken wrote in message ... [snip] (...) from (...) . Yes, the compiler I built doesn't have the patch - it's also egcs 1.1.2 rather than gcc-2.95.2. This isn't going to change quickly because unfortunately I don't have access to a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact