 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 561
560  |  562
Subject:
chaning the host address in LNP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:40:48 GMT

OK. The initial stuff I have done with the Java interface to LNP just addresses
different "ports" to the host address 0. Each of the RCX's on the Lego Network
Protocol network had host addredss 0 and port 1,2,3,4 depending on which brick
they were (the java machine had port address 5 and we passed a token around
from 1-5 and then around again).

Anyhow what i need to know now is how to change the host address. I thought
that all I had to do was to go into "boot/config.h" and change
CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR on line 47 from 0x00 to {0x01, 0x02 ... etc} and then
recompile legOS making a new .srec and then firmdll'ing that .srec onto each
brick in turn. I thought that this would give a unique host address to each
brick.

However after trying this the bricks using host addresses configured to
anything but 0x00 will not accept a legOS program at all.

When recompiling legOS I first did a "make realclean" and then just used "make"

Do I have to change the "config.h" file that I have in each project directory??
Is there something else I have to change??
Has anyone out there succesfully changed the host address and had two rcx's
talking. At the moment I would be happy with just getting programs to download
after putting in the new "firmware"

Any help appreciated

bye
michael