 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 562
Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:21:56 GMT

Well, in the meantime, i built one on WinNT. The build always failed on
Win95. Tried Canadian cross on Linux and i too gave up in frustration. But
now that i have one built, i'll put it up on a webpage tomorrow. First, i'm
gonna check the files it produces on a linux machine to be sure it works ok.

Some other news, i have some patches so that dll.exe works on Win95. I sent
them to Markus and am awaiting his comments. I'll be putting them on the
page too.

It seems that that clears the last problem and i have a working LegOS 0.2.2
on Win95.

I'll post the urls tomorrow.

Peter

From: "Gavin Smyth" <gavin@beeskneesDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk>
Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:29:31 GMT
Subject: Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost)

Peter Van der Beken wrote in message ...

[snip]

It just occurred to me that i used the pre-built cross-compiler package • from
Gavin Smyth. I don't think it has the patch for enhanced RCX interrupt
support.
.
Yes, the compiler I built doesn't have the patch - it's also egcs 1.1.2
rather than gcc-2.95.2.

This isn't going to change quickly because unfortunately I don't have access
to a machine capable of building the Win32 compiler at the moment :-(  Based
on my previous attempts, NT is required to build the cross-compiler: Win9x
won't hack it (it just skips a lot of the build steps - might be a problem
with make, but since everything ties via the Cygwin DLL, if one tool fails
quietly, maybe many of the others do too); I also spent far too much time
trying to do a Cnandian cross on Linux before giving up in frustration.

Now, if anyone with an NT machine, and lots of disk space and patience,
fancies the job, my EGCS instructions are on
http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/lego/build.html so follow those with
appropriate changes for gcc-2.95 and the patch...

Gavin