 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3344 (-10)
  Re: Help with lnp

(...) (URL) the latest 0.2.6.10 version. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help with lnp

I guess I should have been more specific initially. Our question, more precisely, is which version of brickOS can we use on regular redhat linux? We will use your directions as well, but what we were really stuck on was which of the brickOS versions (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help with lnp

Hello Katie, (...) A good decision. (...) To install software on (RedHat) Linux, you will use a program called rpm. Rpm is a packet manager; it can install new programs, you can ask rpm if a package is installed, you can update an existing package (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help with lnp

(...) So if you don't want to take the time to configure linux, then you can perhaps try to download legnoppix. Legnoppix is a linux distribution bootable on CD you don't need any installation and it include all lego tools available in linux (not (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS motor-output: Subject to change?

Hi Dietmar, Have you tried brickOS 0.2.6.10? Code was added to that version to address this issue. Mark "Dietmar Cordes" <cordes@lepomux.org> wrote in message news:3F0A7BA7.207050...mux.org... (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help with lnp

(...) We finally decided to take the time and use Linux to try and get lnpd working. Although we are not familiar with Linux, our professors are helping us. Our main problem now though is the installation of brickOS. I know this should be an obvious (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS motor-output: Subject to change?

Hello, while doing some testing with data transfer wia the motorport of the RCX, I had (again) the problem that the output at full speed (255) is not a constant DC-output. Does anyone have a good solution for this already and will it be part of the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: robot as input device

> I assume you want to use the RCX and sensors to collect data and plot/export/do (...) Yes I would like to use sensor data to control objects in a VR-Framework. So it would be possible to use lego RCX data and map it on input device data of the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: robot as input device

(...) I assume you want to use the RCX and sensors to collect data and plot/export/do calculations using these data. RoboLab Investigator (software) does that. You can have a bot roam around, collect sensor data of all kinds, and upload it to your (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: robot as input device

(...) I don't really understand what you want to do ...... nanobapt (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact