 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3229 (-20)
  Re: BrickOs Problem (again)

(...) Hello, I think it's really hard to install brickOS on XP cause Cygwin is on a dos base (no ?) and XP have no DOS (only emule). To solve you problem you should install linux :-P Seriously : if cygwin don't find tar you should try to search (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOs Problem (again)

Hi, Recently, I have tried and tried to install BrickOS into Win XP. However, I have had problems in installing. I have installed cygwin and checked that all files have been installed. Built the gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10.1 cross compiler. But I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: API DOCUMENTATION FOR DOWNLOAD

Carlos, Checking out the Doxygen documentation (which is used to generate the API Doc) it should be fairly easy to add other types of documentation including ps and pdf. Ed (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Not sure if you already came across this, but here's a PDF file that provides useful info on the kernel (no API stuff, though): (URL) Rendón M." <crendon@ieee.org> wrote in message news:HCrz01.1HMG@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) found (...) my (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  API DOCUMENTATION FOR DOWNLOAD

Hi there. I'm working on a project that requires to have a clear picture of how the kernel is actually orginized, and of course, the API. So, I've found a quite good link where the picture is clear: (URL) the problem is that I actually does not have (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling the kernel winLegOS

Carlos, Last time I checked you were unable to compile the kernel using winLegOS or DJGPP. For those not familiar with the inner workings on winLegos it is essentially a pre-built Hitachi cross-compiler with several gnu utilities running under (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiling the kernel winLegOS

Hi there. I've an old notebook (libretto 70ct) and of course not too much space on disk. So I wonder if I can compile the kernel with winLegOS, due to the fact that cygwin consumes a lot of space. If that's not possible, should I have to add some (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: getting BrickOS through slow connection

(...) You might be able to use the Hitachi pre-built cross compiler for this. Ed (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

Marko, Here's a thread that might give a little more background on the BrickOS bug Jochen mentions: (URL) Hoenicke" <Jochen.Hoenicke@Inf...enburg.DE> wrote in message news:200304021124.11...burg.de... (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: getting BrickOS through slow connection

(...) You can run Cygwin setup in a "Download from internet" mode, then take the files home, and run it in "Install from local directory" mode. (...) 2 steps: Compiling the cross-binutils and cross-gcc under MSYS, and then (possibly) making changes (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  getting BrickOS through slow connection

My son and I have been looking BrickOS but one sticking point is that we have a slow connection at home which makes getting large packages hard. In such cases, I just download the files at work and burn the files into CD-RW and bring them home. Is (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) The problem is that the upper memory area (0xf000-0xf800) is connected to both RAM and motor output. Every byte written here is also interpreted as motor command. The latest CVS version of BrickOS has fixed this (this memory is written only (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) (this should be your user programm of course) (...) and i've been a bit too quick, it should be 40*40*1 (you're allocating char's), still thats' about 1.5kByte, that is, 1/10th of the memory available to you as user, so the following reasoning (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) well, the RCX only has 32Kbyte of memory of wich half is used by brickOs the remaining half should fit you user programm and all runtime stacks and heaps, so allocating 40*40*2Bytes(the minimum for a pointer in an 32Kbyte adresspace) will need (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  strange motor behaviour

Hello, I wonder if somebody can help me wíth the following problem. In general my program is running okay but when I change the attached data definition, the two motors I use show very strange behaviour (just making some noise and moving very slow (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with BrickOS Installation

Carson, It looks like you missed the tar package.You can check to see what Cygwin packages have been installed on your system by using the cygcheck command at the cygwin command prompt. Try cygcheck -c If the output is too large for your dos window (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with BrickOS Installation

Hi, When I was at the stage of No.3 in the sourceforge.net documents (Installing the BrickOS files), I typed in cd / tar xvfz brickos-0.2.6.0.tar.gz as it should be, but then it said that command 'tar' cannot be found?? Could anyone please help me? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Tutorials

Hi, I am new to programming the RCX in BrickOS. Is there any tutorials on the web as a introduction? Thanks -- ===...=== Carson Au carson.au@myrealbox.com www.thunderobotics.zzn.com ===...=== (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) Well, I've had a pretty successful couple of days... If you go to (URL) you will find a tar ball that contains all of the Brick OS utilities compiled for OS X. I've tested them and have successfully downloaded BrickOS and a couple of their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  linux and the USB IR Tower

Hi, I have been trying to use my lego mindstorms kit along with the USB IR Tower in linux. I have had limited success. I managed to patch the distribution so that firmdl3 recognizes the usb device. I compiled a module for the USB tower device. It (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact