 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3184 (-20)
  Re: Lego RCX Emulator

(...) ... (...) page, printing hELLo worLd on its LCD display. Me, I very nearly made the mistake of not clicking thru to see that page, whoops. Pat LaVarre (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lego RCX Emulator

Hello, In the last weeks I have started building a Lego RCX emulator. Unlike emulegOS it doesn't emulate the brickOS API, but instead it emulates the h8300 processor and the peripherals. This means that you can even use it to debug your kernel. The (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  quartet networking code

A few months ago, I wrote a short program called "quartet" that would let a variable number of RCX bricks running LegOS play back a song in unison. I've made it available at (URL) . It should compile cleanly under Debian's legOS package. I don't (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Windows XP

Thanks Max, without the z option it worked fine Vik "Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> wrote in message news:000501c2e0ba$9f...pomello... (...) download. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC

Hi, I have been trying my hand at a bit of NQC for the BrickOS firmware recently and working with BricxCC. So far it has been good fun although I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting LNP to run on my brick. As there is an option in the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Windows XP

(...) Your download is corrupted, or, your browser un-gzipped it during download. Try untarring without the z option, if that doesn't work, re-download. Max. (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS on Windows XP

Hi, I went to the BrickOS website and followed all the installation instructions but when i try to untar the files in Cygwin i get the following error message gzip: stdin: not in gzip format tar: Child returned status 1 tar: Error exit delayed from (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC announcement

BricxCC is a lot of fun to support - fixing bugs, adding useful new features, and answering lots of questions via email. I hope to be able to continue working with BricxCC for a very long time to come. But it does take time. And software development (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Accurate Timing

Hello! I just started using brickOS and am trying to use it as a programmable function generator. As such, I'm trying to get good repeatability on cycle time. It appears that at 'random' times, the RCX scheduler(?) is interrupting my program to do (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.10 avail for testing

The brickOS team is pleased to announce our next test release. We are heading for our formal brickos-1.0.0 release but anticipate at least one more test release before then. Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  More warning cleanup - const qualifier ignored on asm

In include/sys/bitops.h : // g++ warns about __asm__ const. we define the problem away. // the CXX symbol is predefined in the Makefile // #ifdef CXX # define ASMCONST #else # define ASMCONST const #endif But CXX is *not* defined in the Makefile. In (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Trivial warning fix

This avoids an "implicit declaration of exit" warning. Max. Index: util/firmdl/mkimg.c ===...=== RCS file: /cvsroot/brickos/bri.../mkimg.c,v retrieving revision 1.1 diff -u -p -r1.1 mkimg.c --- util/firmdl/mkimg.c 20 Aug 2002 03:04:29 -0000 1.1 +++ (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Declaration of kernel_critsect_count

(...) Your request couldn't be more timely as I'm wrapping up a 0.2.6.10 test release this weekend. I've made this change in CVS and you will see it in the .10 test release. As I publish the 0.2.6.10 test release I'll post a message here explaining (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Declaration of kernel_critsect_count

kernel_critsect_count is declared volatile in kernel/critsec.c, but without the volatile keyword in include/sys/critsec.h - this upsets gcc3. Please could these declarations be reconciled? Thanks, Max. (22 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: dll and the USB tower

I have the same problem (I posted a note 3 days ago "Problem with Brickos ..." # 20311). In addition I don't get firmdl3 to download the firmware. Are you running Windows or Linux? Hans (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  dll and the USB tower

Hi, I downloaded brickOS 0.2.6 and patched it to use the USB tower. All works well (firmdl3 is patched correctly, the module goes in, I can make my own .lx files), except for dll. When I try to download a .lx file into the RCX, dll hangs. The LED (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: H8300 Cross Compiler for Mac OS X (a start ...)

Once again, WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! I have NO prior experience with the Mac or Mac OS X. So use these instructions AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am NOT responsible for any damage you might cause to your machine. Within step 5, you can download gcc ver 3.1 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: measure distance traveled

(...) I'd use a dual differential drive with (one motor fwd/rev, one motor turns) to ensure a straight line of travel and the a rotation sensor to measure the wheel rotations. If you don't have a rotation sensor use a light sensor to emulate one. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: measure distance traveled

I'm not a professional or anything, but your idea could run into the robot pulling to one side, and not going the exact 1 meter. if you had two rotation sensors (not exactly RPM sensors), the error would be greatly reduced in both the distance and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  measure distance traveled

Hi all, I'm a CS student and I have to complete a practical assignment in which a robot has to drive 1 meter straight forward, make a 90 degrees turn and then drive another meter (course administrators will also place obstacles which have to be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact