 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3034 (-10)
  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) <snip> (...) Steve, Yes, infact I had tested a couple different applications with the motor controller being called every 1 ms and the same ones with a 2 ms interval. I didn't see a difference with those applications, but did recognize the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) ... (...) This change seem to improve things. Can I change it back to the way it was before? Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Mark, Excellent Post ! Ok, I will admit it; I was the one that put the sys_time handler on the NMI. 8-) I guess I will want to think about this a bit; but I see that you have done a good bit of that yourself. ... Could the 'Get' function do the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hi Collin, This post by John Hansen fixed things for me: (URL) Spencer" <cspencer@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message news:H71CzB.Ipu@lugnet.com... (...) USB (...) them or (...) to (...) the (...) the (...) USB (...) that (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Ok, I think I figured it out...I don't completely understand the logistics of makefiles, but I changed the following line in Makefile.common: Before: CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall After: CFLAGS += -O2 -Wall I suspect that a later assignment to CFLAGS was (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hello, I recently bought the LEGO mindstorms Invention System kit and I am trying to get brickOS v0.2.6 working on my PC (Win98). I also have the USB tower. So far, I have found 4 bugs in the current script. I was able to fix 3 them or work around (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

The motor handler is only called once ever 2ms in the latest version of BrickOS (as opposed to every 1ms in earlier versions). This is a fairly recent change and it could be causing a "granularity" type problem with certain speed settings in your (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Threading...

I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help me. I've been running winLegOS, and I've switched to the latest version of BrickOS. I created a way to control the motors, which will reliably speed them up, and slow them down by using different (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sys_time (long post)

As I was poking around in the BrickOS kernel, it occurred to me that using the sys_time variable isn't entirely safe. Since sys_time is 32-bits and the processor can only read 16-bits at a time into a register, there is a period of time between the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

(...) David, I was not sure how you tried to build the cross compiler but I know that Apple provides several gnu tools that work under Darwin. Darwin from my understanding is the underlying code for the Mac OS X (See FAQ at (URL) So one might be (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact