 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2944 (-20)
  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Mark, This is very interesting. I have experienced strange motor behavior with programs on BrickOS before; I now wonder if this may have been the situation. I do not currently know enough about GCC to make the changes that you mentioned, but I am (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Seeing as how there's been little traffic here recently, I thought I'd post about something I found that's cleared up a little mystery (for me at least). It concerns the RCX register that is used to control the motors. This register lives at 0xf000. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  how to calculate program size?

this has been asked before, but i cant seem to find the answer in my inbox. anyways, i was wondering how i could calculate the program size of the program on my rcx. im using legOS 0.2.4. any help appriciated kenneth johansen kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

After making this change everything worked perfectly, as far as I can tell. I had a lot of trouble trying to build the gcc cross compiler. With this build and the pre-build cross compiler from hitachi's website everything was very easy. Thanks! (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: controlling rcx with remote control

(...) No luck... It's for the lego remote... (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP packet handler

(...) Hi :-) I had problem the same. After brushing code source per some days, I finished discovering that the problem was with the versions. I installed logOS 0.2.5 and everything functioned well. (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I spoke too soon. There is a problem with cygwin and Makefile.Common in the new release. The host utilities are not built with -D_WIN32 which (of course) causes them to not work at all. In Makefile.Common there is a place where CFLAGS is set (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  I solved a small problem in lnp :-)

Hi :-) The problem is: When compiling programs made in language 'C++' using: # g++ myprogram.c -llnp The g++ would not compile and the follow messages appeared: /tmp/ccXFr7VZ.o: In function `main': /tmp/ccXFr7VZ.o(.text+0x95): undefined reference to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Interruptions in BrickOS

Good questions! See responses below... "Martin De Wulf" <madewulf@ulb.ac.be> wrote in message news:H51ItF.Ax1@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) You may want to check out the latest (now called BrickOS) at (URL) For us, real-time properties of the platform (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I had essentially no problems with brickos-2.6.08 - aside from noticing at least a couple new headers I have to port to Pascal. configure worked like a charm. The only issue I encountered was regarding TOOLPREFIX. The way that I have my cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP packet handler

Hi, i am a student at the technical university of Athens and i am currently working on a project utilizing legOS 0.2.6 and LNP under Linux 7.3. My first aim is to establish communication between the RCX and the PC. I installed all the software (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Interruptions in BrickOS

Hi, I'am a researcher of the Free University Of Brussels. We're currently working on embedded systems. We would like to generate code for embedded systems from a specification language which could be used for formal verification. We chose Legos for (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: controlling rcx with remote control

(...) I've been trying to find the same thing. I believe the latest version of BrickOS has the ability to read a remote control, but I haven't spent the time to figure it out, yet. Check this out: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  controlling rcx with remote control

Hello, I'm new to this newsgroup but I need help with an issue... I'd like to control my rcx (with legos) with a tv remote control or likewise. I'm not a happy owner of the standard lego remote control and therefore I can not use the patch from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  error deleting program

Hi, Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is my problem: When I try to download the helloworld demo with: $./util/dll -v demo/helloworld.lx ,I get the following error message(s): opening tty... KeepAlive Init... KeepAliveSend: (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) <snip> (...) Good work on this. Yes I believe we would like to add this support. We are crunched with trying to get what we want into this next release. We likely can add some of the Makefile mods in this release, maybe the Pascal Units as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

(...) GCC 2.95 versions and binutils 2.95 thru 2.10 appear to work. I believe readers, here, have also successfully used gcc 3.0 and 3.1 but not 3.2. The brickOS plan is to release brickOS-1.0.0 first. Then we will work on adapting the code to work (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

Hallo, Which versions of gcc/binutils and newlib is brickos developed with? As I read in here and tested myself, it doesn't work with the most recent versions (gcc 3.2, binutils 2.13 and newlib 1.10). Do I need a newlib? The howto doesn't mention (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Great work John! Do you have any comparisons of executable sizes between C/C++ and Pascal/OOP? ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact