 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2124 (-10)
  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You have to comment CONF_PROGRAM if you commented CONF_TM, but I am not sure if you still can download your program without CONF_PROGRAM. I don't think you can comment CONF_TM. Zhengrong ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I find my kernel size?

Hi, Is the kernel size simply the size of the legos.srec file? I thought so initially, however my legos.srec file is 18800(or close to) and im pretty sure ive allocated more than than 19k using dynamic memory. Obviously this is more than 32k in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

The only concern that I would have with this kind of an implementation is that if you plan on changing your brick's LNP address, you have to remember what address it used to be while you're downloading a program. It's not a huge deal, but it's an (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

Well, I will try to make a patch for this modification. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

looks fine to me. not a bad idea! -albert "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GMBBt6.C4J@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

I think you actually want dll -r10 the -r flag specifies which RCX to download the specified program to. you need the 10 because it is read in as a hex address. When you use (...) basically, whatever you set the HOSTADDR to, needs to match what you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Addendum: It seems bad to put legOS under /usr/lib. Please get a fresh legOS.tar.z from legOS.sourceforge.net and install it in your user home directory. (for me, that means in /home/obi. So legOS home is /home/obi/legOS at my linux system) You will (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) <sigh> I'm not sure either. Actually no idea so far. It seams that makelx is called with wrong parameters. But why? Did you successfully made the demos in the demo dir? (...) That puzzles me, too. The compiler and the binutils come as a rpm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Well!I looked in the makefile and couldn't see anything wrong with the path.As for having legOS under usr/lib, it was done at the time of installing the rpm and I hadn't specified any path.Now,I tried copying config.h and putting it in the 'include' (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) The error messages state that helloworld includes conio.h which tries in line 41 to include config.h. Helloworld includes unistd.h which includes time.h which tries in line 32 to include config.h. So, conio.h, unistd.h and time.h are found, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact