 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *1059 (-10)
  Re: Very strange problems

(...) That is really bad news. Since we are writing a genetic programming system with six RCXs involved that communicate with each other, the programs tend to get pretty long. Often things fail. Right now I have the problem that if I save a program (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Very strange problems

(...) As far as I can tell, legOS has some really strange bugs. I've learned to take it for granted that some programs (without warning) will just crash and lock up the machine. This is unfortunate, but I've never found a pattern to them so there is (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp communication question

(...) lnp does a checksum and throws away bad data. I think it is a 1 byte checksum so 1 out of 256 errors gets through anyway. There is no retry so timeout and retry has to be handled by some higher level code. (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Very strange problems

Hi! I am experiencing some very strange problems when programming my RCX. Sometimes (too often) the RCX just locks up when I run my program and I have to remove the batteries and reload the firmware. I have now found that very small changes in my (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  arbitrary motor code

Did anyone ever write the wrapper to allow motor_dir(motor_label x, MotorDirection dir) or some such? There was a variant of it way, way back (0.1.5?) but I don't see anything like it in the current CVS code. Anyone? Anyone? -Luis ---...--- "Going (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp communication question

(...) Ok, this brings up more questions :). I have never had any problems with errors when sending messages. Sometimes the message is not recieved but when it is, I have never seen any errors in the transmission. Am I missing your point? Second, (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  DJGPP GNU cross compiler tools

It looks like my ISP has changed their policy about anonymous ftp and now allow it. I've placed the DJGPP port of the GNU tools on my website here: (URL) It's a 5 meg download. Please let me know if you have any problems downloading this file. I (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: We need a FULL install of everything!

On Thu, 18 May 2000 18:00:11 GMT, "Matt McDevitt" <maktos@maktos.com> wrote: <snip> I aggree fully with your statement Matt. I've tried to install LegOS several times and i always failed because of lack of time (and of course lack of knowledge <s>). (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does anyone have Spirit.OCX?

You can download it at www.legomindstorms.com. Just click look for RCX SDK. "Matt McDevitt" <maktos@maktos.com> wrote in message news:Furpv7.JMH@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Does anyone have Spirit.OCX?

Could someone send me the file SPIRIT.OCX ? Matt maktos@maktos.com (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact