 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1054
Re: lnp communication question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 15:32:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Luis Villa writes:
Remember the medium... cheap IR basically stinks for transmission. You
get transients from the lights in your room, the outdoors, yadda, yadda.
Luis (wishing for RF like the Europeans get ;)

Ok, this brings up more questions :).

I have never had any problems with errors when sending messages. Sometimes the
message is not recieved but when it is, I have never seen any errors in the
transmission. Am I missing your point?

Second, what is RF? I live in Europe, so if there is a difference between
European and American versions, I am not certain which I have.

Back to errors in transmission. Is a system with checksum or something similar
used when transmitting?

Regards
Tobias