 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1034
Re: lnp communication question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 13:50:42 GMT

Hello Tobias,

When using lnp_integrity_write(&data, length), what is the length
argument used for? The data can only be one byte long if I understand
it correctly. Can I use the length argument to send an additional byte
of information?

Why do you think there's only 1 byte that can be sent?
If your data buffer is longer, bytes are sent one-by-one
serially in a packet...

Further, what is the lnp-logical package used for?

look into lnp.c and you will see that both lnp_integrity_xxx
and lnp_addressing_xxx are implemented using lnp_logical_xxx,
so lnp-logical is just a lower layer of the LNP protocol.

Do you have some particular plans with your RCXs?

Pavel.