 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
 Results 841 – 860 of about 5300.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

(...) Hello Kekoa - - I apologize for not being able to make myself clear. I want to use the LEGO #9738 to control robots that use something other that the RCX for a controller. I envision a Sharp GP1U581Y IR receiver driving a PIC. The PIC will (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: sending a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) ? If you are writing your own RCX OS, you should know that you can't use original firmware opcodes without the original firmware. What you need to do is directly interface with the IR port, which is beyond me. (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  RE: IR communications related questions (long)

(...) Back? You're switching back? Great! Sorry for quoting so much, but the points are apropos the discussion... (...) I based pbForth on hForth, by Wonyong Koh. It is pretty much compatible with any ANSI forth as well. Check out (URL) for more (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Serial Comm with RCX

I am trying to connect my HP49 Calculator with the Mindstorms IR Tower, I thought I had got the protocols right, the Green LED lights when I send the packet but nothing else, no reply from the RCX. Am I missing something?. Protocol 2400 baud odd (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  IR problems

Hi, I was having some problems in a program I'm writing in PbForth and it seems that it could be related to the way I communicate thru IR. I use the Lego remote control. I joined the following code to demonstrate. I use the word 'getHeader' from (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  1.5/2.0 infrared problem

Hi I've got two RCX: a 1.5 and 2.0 version. I' ve got a problem with IR emiter/reicever. The 1.5 version seems to be more sensitive to reflected infrared and its good to use ! But the 2.0 RCX is less sensitive and for example doesn't receive (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Mine have been apart more often than I'd like, too! :-) (...) My guess would be mostly for increased communication speed. With the higher baud rate, the duration of the 2-byte Spybot/Manas packets is halved. This allows for fewer collisions (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: remote control and rcx

Chris Phillips's utterance expressed in news:HEL5rn.1DrD@lugnet.com: (...) okay - bought the rc after I had upgraded the old rcx. (...) hmm seems a little embarassing for TLC. I've had ir-devices for many years and this is the least functional thing (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: some more questions about lnp.

The frequency of the RCX's IR does not change at all: " The RCX uses a 38kHz carrier, which is pretty typical for TV remotes. As for the sampling rate, the RCX runs at 2400 bps, which makes each bit approx 417us " (URL) think the only way you could (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Cygwin problems

Hi all, i am having problems with cygwin. It doesnt help that i dont know what all these linux commands mean but i will explain my problems now. I have intstalled all the software to my system ok and the linux emulator seems to work fine(i can use (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Just a question about this. Won't the IR airwaves will be a major bottleneck for most parallel applications? -Kekoa (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: gcc build instructions for linux

OK, I have some more information now. When I build 0.1.6 in my new environment it works fine. 0.1.7 and the snap exhibit the problem. The problem is that when using tm-and-ir, the 'view' button (which is supposed to send the message "Hello World") (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Question for John Barnes

hi John, Some time ago there was a discussion about keeping the IR-tower alive. I want to keep the IR-tower alive, for fast data transport from RCX to PC. You mentioned that you had drawn the circuit diagram, but you never published it. Do you have (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Woaw ! This could be great to have a full featured rcx expansion board... It should however be not too expensive, and in my opinion very basic to allow anything to be made. A "simple" (hehe :-) 8 bit Input / Output expander would be very, very nice. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: IR questions

(...) Only transmitting keeps the tower alive, at least according to my tests. If absolutely necessary, an occasional 0xff sent by the PC will keep the tower alive; this will result in only a start bit being sent, which ought to occupy very little (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) Did anyone mention a more trivial possible explanation, that high frequency neons may extremely disturb LEGO IR-communication. When we worked over our Mars-mission telerobotics project, everything perfectly run in our rooms, but when we moved (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Remotely starting RCX

Hello, As an unexperienced unix programmer it took me 16 hours to download and install LegOS on my XP and make the 'Hello World' message appear on the RCX. (Oh joy!) After another 4 hours I managed to compile my first program. So thinks go slow but (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

It seems that you want to run an RCX emulator on the PC side that can use the PC IR Tower as if it was the internal transmitter in the RCX brick. Thus you could run NQC generated bytecode in your robot, and NCQ generated bytecode on your PC. I know (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  dllx problems, with lnpd 0.9.0

Hi, I'm having problems getting dllx to work. I expanded the lnpd 0.9.0 zip file from sourceforge. I did ./configure and make with no problems or error messages. Now, I run lnpd with "lnpd --nolock". Then I do "dllx test.lx" and the green light on (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

  Re: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

Dan, I had the same problem with a newly purchased RCX - turned out to be the tower. I rang Lego support, they did some trouble-shooting and finally told me to take it back and get a replacement. I managed to change the whole set, so I can't say for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.785)

More:  Next Page >>