 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 261 – 280 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: RCX IR Transceiver Circuit

(...) Thanks for this one, Mark! For the sake of completeness, some data on devices used. Note: as there are "collisions" in SMD device names, these are only "very probable"... 1Kp: (URL) 3Kp: (URL) are NPN and PNP general purpose transistor. A4p: (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.175)

  IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

Well, after much frustration and a great deal of help from the very wise Rossz, I was finally able to get up and running w/ DJGPP and LegOS 0.2.4 The first thing I did was write a program to use with Pete Sevcik's IRPD proximity detectors that he (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.175)

  Re: Decoding the LEGO IR remote control

This LEGO IR remote control (#9738) is making me crazy!!!! Dave and Kekoa have posted in depth explanations of the remote's coding, but I must be awfully dense and am missing something somewhere. I've tried two approaches: First, I used both a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.174)

  Re: RCX Serial Hardware Hack

(...) The carrier should be quiet in any case, because it disturbs the TX signal. (...) We tried this,but it didn't work. Why, because the transistor will drain some current, if the emitter has positive voltage and the base goes low. If the carrier (...) (16 years ago, 24-May-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.174)

  Re: IR questions

(...) Only transmitting keeps the tower alive, at least according to my tests. If absolutely necessary, an occasional 0xff sent by the PC will keep the tower alive; this will result in only a start bit being sent, which ought to occupy very little (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.174)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

OK, the IRPD rover just smarter. I had an error in the comments in the previously posted version, references in the initial comments about the Right Side Motor being hooked up to Output B were incorrect, it is actually hooked up to Output C. This (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.174)

  GP2D12 Please help

Please help. I just recently got a Sharp GP2D12 ir distance ranger plus RCX interface device from mindsensors. It is pretty cool, however I am getting alot of flucuation in the readings and in turn I think that i am losing out on range. The maximum (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.174)

  RE: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) Actually, there's a regulator on the Tower that takes the voltage for the digital side to +5 and keeps it there. The capacitor is only rated for 10V. The higher voltage will allow higher current through the IREDs as they are connected right to (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.173)

  Re: IR communications related questions (long)

(...) I guess what I am really looking for is some kind of quick reference guide. If Hendtlass's book is compatible then I can use his appendix. (...) Gaining experience with real time issues is not exactly my problem :) (...) I guess I need to look (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.173)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

Well, I worked on it a bit and added two routines: TurnTo(int New_Direction) => Figures the quickest way to turn from the current Direction to the new one. Retrace(int N) => Retraces the last N number of legs of it's journey. Change the #define LEGS (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.173)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Hi Brian, Thanks for your response. (...) I'm not sure if I get this, because of C code examples I've seen, which I'll discuss again below. (...) I've tried this already, and as you say, it works, but the sensitivity goes waay down. For a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.172)

  Re: C$ - Code Only

(...) Folks who read rtlToronto can skip this part. I added it because I'm cross posting to robotics.rcx. For those who don't know, rtlToronto had a contest with robots playing Connect Four. Creating a robot for this is double faceted. Getting (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.171)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Agreed, LegOS is the way to go. Here is a LegOS program I wrote for a robot that keeps track of its heading in one of 8, increments (45 degrees intervals, numbered 0 to 7 heading clockwise). It keeps track of the last 10 segments in it's travels (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.171)

  Re: RCX IR Transceiver Circuit

(...) Indeed, you probably had something wrong there: I checked the battery of a serial tower I didn't use for a very long time, it was still fully charged. Philo (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.166)

  legOS Praise, and small request :)

I've just got V0.2.2 working, after at least a year of not having had time to play with it! I just wanted to say WOW :) It's come a long way, and I can't wait to start tinkering with it again! Fantastic work Markus! The small request? I use com2 for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.166)

  Re: More RCX's controled by one tower ?

You cannot program them independantly, but you can make sure your programs respond to different IR messages during normal operation. All RCX's will receive the messages, but as long as only one responds with some action then independant control is (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.163)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Thanks for your help. Hope you're wrong, otherwise I have to dramatically downsize my program and make it a lot more stupid :-) Some more info on the problem: - The memory has been cleared before any attempt. - I tried both NQC 1.3 and NQC 2.0 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.163)

  Re: Lego Network Protocol questions

Ralph Hempel wrote in message <000001beb0e4$f9d0df...pro150>... (...) I'll back you up on this as well. I did some experiments using two towers connected to two different PCs, and found that I could send raw bytes from one PC to the other without (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.163)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) You know, I think there's some cosmic law. Just after hitting the send key, I'll almost always realize my question was stupid. Looking at the errors I was getting, I noticed that it was the utilities that you'd already created. firmdl3 has the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.162)

  Re: Lego Network Protocol questions

(...) So of course I was curious about getting rid of the complements. Apparently, they are not necessary, or so my testing so far seems to indicate. Under the several lighting conditions I tried, and for distances of up to 27' (the farthest I could (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.162)

More:  Next Page >>