 Robotics / RCX / 2553
Re: RCX IR Transceiver Circuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:56:23 GMT

   perhaps I have the connection of the 1k resistor wrong - it would make more sense for it to be to the collector of the 6Cp transistor, rather than to its base. This would remove my previously perceived problem of a residual current through the IR LEDs. Another look at the circuit board confirms this. I’ll revise that when I add the data (soon in the new year).

Indeed, you probably had something wrong there: I checked the battery of a serial tower I didn’t use for a very long time, it was still fully charged.

Philo