 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1761 – 1780 of 2193.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: legOS make newbe question

(...) platform. (...) Same here.. That Gavin package...that might have been the one I downloaded...but even that one had a crazy directory structure, and all the compiled EXE's had names about 16 letters long! How about something simple like GCC (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.204)

  Re: legOS make newbe question

I am a professional in the QA area and used to writing documentation as a part of my job, and am going to take the "challenge". Thanks for the offer to host the info. Give me a week or so (i'm very busy with some chip-level failure analysis right (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.204)

  Re: Programming the RCX using Lego's RCX Software

(...) In the GUI thing, I think so. The actual firmware ticks every 0.01 seconds though, but you can't really tell where between ticks you are. (...) They may, but probably not. The monitoring code is a pretty constant drain unless the user switches (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.203)

  Programming the RCX using Lego's RCX Software

I am relatively new to the RIS, the RCX, and the RCX software. Just like many of you, I discovered pretty quickly that the RCX software is not intuitive to someone who has done programming before. What I can visualize doing in C, I struggle to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.203)

  Re: Light sensor initialization?

I haven't done that yet. But if you're doing a line follower, I would suggest the following: 1. First, build the line follower in such a way that it can rotate in place and make the light sensor sweep out a circle on the ground as it rotates. 2. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.202)

  Re: color sensor

(...) Happy Christmas to you too! ... and yes, I have a bench prototype running using that TAOS chip. As per my previous attempts at a color sensor however, it is proving very difficult to make the sensor range and orientation independent. JB (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range
(score: 1.202)

  Re: problem with control speed using NQC

But how does the original mindstorms software do it. With the Mindstorms software you can set the speed of each motor and it is obviously different. I must be missing something. I did a search on lugnet and found some NQC code to drive the motors (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.201)

  Re: random()

(...) extern long int random (void); Looks like -2^31 to 2^31-1 to me, unless you cast to unsigned int. Or does liberty use 16-bit ints internally? Why not write a short test program to check this out? And why doesn't LegOS use a wrapper around the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.201)

  HOWTO news :(

I just got back from vacation 2-3 hrs ago, and have just found out that the school cleared our one-year name leases while I was gone. As a result, the HOWTO at arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu has been unavailable for several days (not quite sure how long (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.197)

  Re: RcxCC downloads

(...) Your version 3 is also great! When NQC 2 is released will the NQC help be put back in? I thought it was real handy addition on those long nights. --- DonC donc@cccd.edu (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.195)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Yes, it appears to use the same packet level formatting. It does use a new bytecode (0xd2) that isn't seen elsewhere. This bytecode needs two bytes of data to follow. These three bytes of "payload" are encoded the usual way with a three byte (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.193)

  Re: Download problem

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FJ0Jpv.Mvp@lugnet.com... (...) Mario, I can try to download your long program with my Windows 2000 RC2 machine. Send me a copy if you want.... Ciao Carlo (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.193)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

On semaphores... There was a lot of discussion a long time ago on whether NQC should use semaphores to protect temp variables between tasks. There isn't an atomic test-and-set bytecode, so the only way I know of implementing sempaphore would be to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.193)

  Power down time

In The administrator section you can set the power down time - the time that the RCX will stay on, unattended. The range is 0-255 with 0 meaning always on, and the rest in minutes. No matter what time I choose, I can't make this work all the time. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

range
(score: 1.193)

  Re: communication between NXT and RCX!?

(...) The NXT has a new sensor control bus. That allows many ways to interact almost anything you want. From Hear-say i have heared that HiTechnics is building an NXT - IR converter in the size of a NXT sensor.. Daniel Wittenaar Brickbash Robotics (19 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 1.193)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

For what its worth, the Lego Shop@Home catalog is offering the #8250 Rescue Sub for $25.00, discounted from $49.50. Big pump, air tank, one valve, one big cylinder, long yellow beams and nifty molded shapes. For the price, I'm thinking of getting (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.192)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Hmm maybe I should clean up my Compressor design and add it to my Lego page I have expanded on the mini-compressor to make it double action - but full stroke. It is about twice as long as the mini pump, and a little wider due to three 24t gears. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.192)

  Rotary electrical coupling

I have been working (when I should have been Working) on two things which may be of general interest. The first is a rotary electrical coupling, which allows you to pass 4 wires through a rotary joint. I built the prototype tonight, and I think it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.192)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) This is what I like so much about the "Extreme Team"...usually more than one way to skin a cat. I must have missed those posts, Kekoa. I try to use as much as possible of the ROM code in the brick too. The next step for pbFORTH is to link (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.192)

  Re: Download problem

I've looked at a couple of traces and it looks like the serial driver just stops receiving data after a certain point. One theory is that something happens (framing error or overflow), which then keeps the driver from relaying more information. I've (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.192)

More:  Next Page >>