 Robotics / RCX / 410
  legOS for Windows

For those of you overwhelmed by the work involved to get a viable legOS developement system on the Windows OS, legOS for Windows is now available. If you only wish to write dynamic downloadable programs for the RCX, this package is all you need. If (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows

(...) Yes, I tested it and it worked on my Win98! Great work!! Thanks! (...) Do you mean that the kernel can be rebuild on Windows? Which parts/utilities cannot be rebuilt? best regards, Vlad (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows

Install ActivePerl ((URL) switch to the boot directory, and type MAKE. That's it. What you can't build with this package are the various command line tools (makelx.exe, firmdl3.exe, dll.exe), nor the cross compiler. Rossz (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sending keepalive... ???

Hi You go to all the hassle of making LegOS available for us Windows users and still we have questions. I'm really struggling and can not find anything in the docs or Lugnet to help (that I understand) and so I would really apreciate some help. I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  more user questions

I too have had my problems with this system. Perhaps they come from my inexperience with LEGOS or UNIX, which doubtless is apparent in my description below: Downloading and installing went well. Then, after correcting a minor SET PATH syntax error (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending keepalive... ???

(...) If the readme file says the demo LX files are included, that is a mistake (or should I include them?). I'll have to correct it. As for your download problem, did you download the firmware first (firmdl3 legOS.srec)? LX files are relocatible (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: more user questions

A general note, there is a README.WRI file. This includes information beyond what Markus originally wrote in README. Perhaps I should have deleted his README (I include it in README.WRI, anyway). Open your copy of MAKEFILE. You'll find this line: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: more user questions

Thanks, your directions worked perfectly. (...) Originally, the line appended to autoexec.bat was (something like): set path=set path=c:\LEGOS\H8\BIN...ath%%path% which I altered to: set path=c:\LEGOS\H8\BIN...BIN;%path% (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending keepalive... ???

Hi Rossz (...) Yes, I downloaded the legOS.srec on top of the existing Lego firmware and some programs. When you download the legOS firmware will anything currently in RAM be deleted? I'll try taking the batteries out for a while and starting again. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)