 Robotics / RCX / 354
Re: Speed of RCX interpreting bytecodes: slow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:45:10 GMT

Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
Its been a long time since I looked at the firmware in detail, but is it
possible that the bytecode interpreter is driven from one of the timer
chains?  If this was the case, it wouldn't matter if the CPU could execute
the bytecode in 200 cycles...it would still just wait for the next tick
before executing another bytecode.

Dave Baum

I'm pretty sure this is not the case.  The interpreter constantly runs the
"execute bytecode" function if it is sitting idle.

-Kekoa