 Robotics / RCX / 329
328  |  330
Subject:
Speed of RCX interpreting bytecodes: slow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:09:50 GMT

While working on the barcode scanner I decided to see just how fast the RCX
could loop.  A simple NQC program can do about 1000 counter loop iterations in
about 100 ticks, or 1 iteration/ms.  This is shockingly slow.  The native
H8/329 is clocked at 16Mhz and claims to do simple adds in 2 clocks...

This is causing me to seriously consider legOS for the first time...

--Ben