 Robotics / RCX / 2697
RE: different output power at different ports?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:25:29 GMT

On Thu, July 14, 2005 10:12 am, Elizabeth Mabrey said:
Sorry... I meant "precise hardware verification"  not precious.  I do not
the equipment to measure them.   Any suggestion, other than getting extra
hardware like a power analyzer,  for trouble shooting?  Trouble shooting is
always (well, almost always) fun...

well, I'm not a precious hardware guru, :) but I find it hard to believe the small
difference in the electronics would make a noticeable difference in the output of
the motors.

If you're using a treaded tankbot, there are several factors in the construction of
the robot that could cause one side to be harder to turn than the other.

Here's an easy test.  Try switching the wires, so the "A" output drives the "C"
motor.  If your assumption is correct, the robot should turn the other direction,
right?

Steve