 Robotics / RCX / 2259
Re: Simplifying Cygwin & brickOS/leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:19:00 GMT

Hi
A while ago I looked at using IC for writing programs.  At the time there
were 2 major turnoffs.  There was no support for rotation sensors and you
needed to own one of the serial infrared towers.  It was easy to install and
it had its own firmware.  But that was about a year and a half ago since I
last looked into it.  http://www.kipr.org/ic/index.html is the link.

Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk Schlei" <dirk.schlei@epost.de>
To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.robotics.rcx.java@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: Simplifying Cygwin & brickOS/leJOS

Dear John,

Thank you very much for the further improvement of Brixcc!

I could install the package including brickOS on a Win 98 system as well • as
download the related firmware, but could not compile any of the demos!?

Besides that: You said: "Of course, every time I look at that list of • languages
above I think I'm nuts for trying to support them all. :-)" Despite the • fact
that might be true to a certain extent :-), why not making it more • complete by
adding support for Interactive C (IC4), which is not as limited as NQC, • but as
far as I know is not nearly as tricky to install as brickOS (and therefore • might
be integrated more easily)?

Regards,

Dirk